Friday 20 September 2013

What to do...

Well, we are now on week three of my second year of interior decorating. My last year. After a busy summer (and a super insane last week with the phone situation and wedding) this feels like the week in which I need a break, a breather, and quite honestly a ton more sleep. Of course, that would make life much to easy and not interesting in the least. Instead I have been overwhelmed with projects and assignments and the continuing realization that I really do not like studio class. After stating this, I of course got several funny looks from my classmates and the exclamation of "Well this is what your going to be doing in the field!". Yes I understand, here I am going through school, paying thousands of dollars only to come to the realization that I really do not want to get into the business of being an interior decorator. I do not want to take on big projects or high paying customers. I do not wish to create spaces that are not in my personal style whatsoever. I do not wish to create a Victorian style space that is overwhelmingly full of frills and such. I do not wish to create a modern space that looks as if no one lives there. I feel to practical for all that. I have continuously come to the realization, that I am simply a small town girl with small town DIY. I like crafts and cheap products. I enjoy antiquing and thrift shopping. I see potential in spaces that scream dated, but not lets spend tons of money and get new everything, rather lets find some used pieces add some paint, and then sew our own pillows and create our own artwork.I would rather start my own home decor store than start a Interior Decorating Service. In the mean time while I continue to discover what God has placed in my future I will finish the program I am absolutely loving (besides that one class of course) pray I will be lead in some direction.

In other thoughts (I know this is a long post to not have any of my typical photos) My chest of Drawers is finally done! I haven't seen it yet though. I've seen it painted but not completely together since my absolutely amazing and helpful dad happened to do all the dirty work for me. I know I am incredibly fortunate to have such a handy and talented father. Pictures will be coming soon (next week?) all depending on when I will break down and once again commit to sorting through pictures. I will also hopefully have some tubing pictures up on the blog sometime soon, and believe me you don't want to miss those cause they are quite humorous. Until next time (if I make it past my studio project due date!).

No comments:

Post a Comment